NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Any experience with Bausch & Lomb eyepieces?

Jaydippy

I had a B & L 4mm orthoscopic once. It was from the 1970's I think. It was quite nice and similar to a circle-T ortho in optical performance.

I've no idea what their more recent offerings are like - I've seen a few Kellners with their branding on but nothing else really.

Thanks for the info John.

The set has two orthos (4/6mm) and two plossl's, they certainly seem quite old (couldn't place them in a decade) and are made in Japan, which bodes well  :tongue:

How would you say your 4mm compared to a BGO (or similar quality eyepiece)?

Thanks for the info John.

The set has two orthos (4/6mm) and two plossl's, they certainly seem quite old (couldn't place them in a decade) and are made in Japan, which bodes well  :tongue:

How would you say your 4mm compared to a BGO (or similar quality eyepiece)?

Not as good as a BGO because the coatings were much less sophisticated back then. I'd not pay much for a B&L ortho to be honest - I think mine was less than £10 from Telescope House's "bargain bin".

Makes sense I suppose. These work out to be a bit more expensive than that, but they would be useful for some high mag. planetary work (if the conditions are ever good enough). I'll see what the seller says and hopefully post a short review if I pick them up. 

Archived