NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Partial California nebula with 15 minute unguided subs

GordonH

Hi all

The weather has been a bit hit and miss again, I wanted to try and push the Paramount a bit further tonight so I had a go at the California nebula with Ha filter and I used 15 minute unguided subframes, unfortunately it was already low in the sky and I only managed 4 frames before somebody's roof got in the way. I used simple autodark subtraction in Maxim DL and the only processing used was increasing local contrast using Noel's tools in CS2, no levels or curves were used. Couldn't do any more imaging as the clouds came in again while I was getting the next object framed. I wish I could get a whole clear night for a change, ah well I suppose we have to be grateful for small mercies.

Kind regards

Gordon

:rolleyes:

post-13589-133877339768_thumb.jpg

Considering you only got 4 X 15mins exposures, that is a nice clear capture. You look as though you are enjoying the Paramount. Look forward to future posts.

naz

Archived