NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bode H

The Flinty Fox

Hi all.

Have been doing quite a lot of lunar this week, trying to spot small creators/creaters? Anyway, was reading the march issue of the sky at night 'moonwatch' the sinus aestuum, and decided to have a go at bode h which as said in the article can be spotted in an 200mm scope. As the moon was out and in the 'right phase' i just had to get the 150p and have a ago.

Got out and saw high cloud but the moon was poking through so set up and had a look. Details where a bit washed out but forcast was to clear so stuck at it. Eventually some breaks in the clouds allowed some better views and it took a while to locate the area. I was using the lunar field atlas (inverted image) i recommend it and with its help found the area bode h is located and upped the power to 187x.

Could see bode c quite clear but not h so kept looking and soon managed to get glimpses of it. Eventually as the scope settled it popped out of the wobbles and it was seen. Pretty sure it was it and to be fair it is stated as being 4km so within reach of a 150mm scope but still felt quite pleased.

Cheers Paul.

Archived