Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sharcap 2.5 : no mount / ASCOM issue with windows 7

balliamo1

Sharcap works well with my cameras on all versions; but when I have tried to use last version with my Parallels 6 Windows 7 on my Mac, but Sharcap give me no mount option to choose.

I tried to reinstall .NET , ASCOM, windows updates, but no way. Focuser ASCOM is deleted although, any help to make Sharpcap working with ASCOM ?

• 1 month later...

I thought I'd piggyback on this thread as I have essentially the same question/problem. No mount options are offered (but I do get the standard stuff under the Focuser and Filter Wheel pull downs)

In my case it's with SharpCap 2.5.1421.0 that is otherwise running well on a WinXP PC (observatory PC, Intel ATOM CPU). Previous 2.5 betas exhibited the same behaviour.

ASCOM platform v6.0 build 6.0,6103.2169
ASCOM Celestron Telescope Driver 6.0.5341.29960
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended 4.0.30319
The ASCOM connection is fully functional, it's used all the time with CdC 3.10 connected to a real Celestron CGE mount or NexRemote.
SharpCap 2.5 is the only app running (CdC is brought up after the fact to try and troubleshoot/verify the ASCOM connection).
In my case nothing has been deleted or re installed. The observatory PC is locked down and only runs what I know is working.
I'd like to be able to try this feature of SharpCap, but if it doesn't work it's not a big deal. The camera functions are why I use it.
Thanks,
Mark

Archived