NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Deep Sky Stacker

Dear all,

I have an Orion  Starshoot G3 colour CCD camera and would like to stack my images in Deep Sky Stacker. With my previous DSLR camera, it was just a case of taking the untouched  LIghts, Darks, flats etc direct from my Hard drive and place them in to DSS for stacking. Sorted.

Is this still the case with the images taken with the Starshoot G3?  Stacking them within Orions own Camera Studio software, one has to convert them to rgb colour first and this has confused me somewhat, in that perhaps I need to convert to color first and then Import all the stubs in to DSS.

Would be grateful if anyone can clarify things.

Cheers

Surinder

Dear all,

I have an Orion  Starshoot G3 colour CCD camera and would like to stack my images in Deep Sky Stacker. With my previous DSLR camera, it was just a case of taking the untouched  LIghts, Darks, flats etc direct from my Hard drive and place them in to DSS for stacking. Sorted.

Is this still the case with the images taken with the Starshoot G3?  Stacking them within Orions own Camera Studio software, one has to convert them to rgb colour first and this has confused me somewhat, in that perhaps I need to convert to color first and then Import all the stubs in to DSS.

Would be grateful if anyone can clarify things.

Cheers

Surinder

The procedure is the same no matter what stacking software is used but you need to tell DSS what Bayer matrix pattern to use to deBayer the subs and extract colour. If G3 has a conventional Bayer matrix sensor then you should be able to try any of the 4 combination of the RGGB etc and see which one works  as there is only one correct pattern for the sensor.

A.G

• 3 months later...

The Orion G3 Color uses a CMYG pattern.  I can't figure out which one to use though.  Also, after registering pictures, when I go to stack them,  it tells me that only 1 of x  frames will be stacked.  I have set star detection to detect as many stars as possible but it still won't work.  Any thoughts or ideas?

Archived