NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M101 first attempt at RGB

Stardust

First time out at taking and processing an RGB image. All 5min subs 19xR,20xG,B through my Meade 127 refrator & Atik One camera.

I thought I might have got more colour and haven't done any flats which I can see in the background would be beneficial. I suppose the next step is a Luminance set through I've got to work what to do with that. This is all very new ground I'm stumbling over so any hints would be appreciated   

post-195-0-94871400-1424618592_thumb.jpg

Hi there,

It looks like you have some really nice data there, it just needs a little coaxing. We are stout Pixinsight enthusiasts- though we do use Photoshop on occasion-and would recommend this software to you if you have never tried it. You can download a trial version for free, which I think lasts 50 days, so gives you a good crack at it before deciding whether to buy. If you then go to a website called Harry's Astro Shed, you can watch or download lots of excellent video tutorials, covering the basics right up to more advanced stuff; these as well as the site are created and run by a very nice guy called Harry Page. If you have a bit of time to watch and practice, this would be a free way to get started and find out if you like the PI software. Hope this helps a little.

Best wishes,

Dave and Zoe

Archived