NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Rigel usb-nstep motor / scope doctor?

Hi All,

I got a Rigel usb-nstep motor focuser today and I have made a right mess of trying to fit it to my 80MM F6 Super ED Triplet APO 80/480 Altair Wave scope :(.  The scope has a standard focuser and on following the provided instructions, which were written for fitting the motor to a Feathertouch focuser, I have completely messed things up and an alan key bolt has come loose and got stuck behind one of the knobs, which I can not get back out  :BangHead:.  I am pretty angry as this rigel focuser was sold to me as being able to be fitted to my scope, but I have now had enough of the supplier and I will never go back to them again.  So, taking a deep breath and moving forward, I see that I have a couple of options: -

1.  Find someone who knows what they are doing to sort out what I have messed up; so does anyone know of a person / organisation in the North Hampshire / Surrey area who will do repairs on a scope?  Hopefully this will not be too hard for someone who know what they are doing, as opposed to me :D.

2.  I get a Feathertouch Focuser, put this onto my scope and fit the Rigel usb-nstep motor to this.  To this end, does anyone know what Feathertouch focuser I would need to get to fit my scope?  I would prefer not to do this myself, so I still come back to needing someone in the Hampshire area who can do the work / fitting for me?

This is the scope which I have:-

https://www.altairastro.com/product.php?productid=16493

Hope someone is able to offer me some advice on this,

Cheers,

Dave :)

Archived