NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Study of meteors and meteor showers?

I'm interested in taking my interest in meteors observing up a notch. I'm particularly interested in learning more about the orbital dynamics of meteors, the physics behind how they behave in the atmosphere and their geochemistry. Can anyone suggest useful books, websites or even courses that can help?

SPA has a meteor section there is also a meteor section in BAA either (both) would I guess be able to supply further information and possibly guidance in further information.

Could also check universities that are near you for astronomy courses and if research covers meteors. Or search for one that does reserach into meteors and enquire from them about ideas. Cambridge tend to be helpful but not aware of meteors as a area of research there.

At this years Astrofest are there any talks on Meteors as that would mean someone who works in that field.

I guess SPA and BAA are the obvious start points.

• 2 months later...

Archived