NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

celestron nestar 4se 127slt or 130 slt

New member and new to telescopes. have browsed the forums and saw some interesting things. found a topic like this from march 2014 but wanted to see what people thought would work best for my situation and give any advice if there is something else that would work better. 

Looking for a telescope that myself, my wife, and my 8 year old daughter could use together.  Looking at something with a motorized mount and a goto system. want to be able to set it up, align and look at moon, stars, planets.  

We will mostly be using around our house but want something that is portable that can be taken in and out easily. My budget is up to $500.

Thanks in advance for all help.

For the money you are wanting to spend you wont get the 4se as that's around the $600 mark but you can get the 130slt and 127 MAK for around that price. If you go 2nd hand you can get better for the same money. I have the 6se and that's a great scope, my dad has a 127 MAK and you get great views with that too..although the mount can be a bit wobbly

Archived