Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

nexstar 130 dso

sutty86

Bought one second hand today got the bug bargain at one hundred notes

Major upgrade from Skyhawk

Trying to get my head around the GOTO system had a mare.

Firstly I got vega and deneb mixed up .noon mistake

Tried to do the sky allign but being in my garden.I only get a small area to work in.

Facing west I believe

So I really want to see m31 I know not to expect much but I can't see anything literally.

Only thing I found real nice tonight after farting about was the pileades

Absolute beautiful I love the small group with mk1 eyeball but through glass its so blue!!!

I am in Skipton so do suffer light pollution not much though could see a hella lot of stars tonight.

So what can I expect to see with the five inch reflector

I have half decent lenses

And a 2x Barlow

25,20,10,9,6plossi.

I tried visiting my local dark site raygill lakes and got scared off in the car park last week guy constantly flashing his torch..

Ohhh And t he red led finder is so much easier!!!

Is there anyway tomove the scope side to side with the motor off and any recommendation for batteries or cheap power supplys

Also have cannon 500d I'd like to try

Can't help with the goto, except to say that most of my clubmate's say that a power pack is far better than internal batteries, and sorts a lot of goto issues.

With M31, use your lowest power eyepiece (your 25mm) as it will give the widest field of view ( the largest area of sky ).   You will see an obvious oval smudge, it will be the brightest central part of this huge object, the outer regions are likely to elude you under a light polluted sky.

Hope the guy with the torch is not at the dark site at your next visit.........

Regards, Ed.

Archived