Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Repair Meade Lxd 75

Definitely a noob....... Bought this scope about 10 years ago and had limited clear nights (on long island).

Regardless, the motor assembly [removed word] out so the mount is useless right now. Repair shops don't exist as far as I can tell around here. Suggestions? Probably should have started with binoculars back in the day, but I went for it.

Is this scope a dinosaur now anyway?

Sunny own Meade now and some time ago, and I mean over a year sort of not long after the acquired Meade, they had a few boards etc that you could purchase from them direct. Will say that I read the information and link on Cloudy Nights, I did  click on the link and yes they had boards available. But I never managed to locate it by going onto their web site. So exactly where it is I cannot supply any real information - try Support.

Next option is:

Astro-Mall

Best description is a breakers yard for scopes.

I am assuming the Long Island means the US ???

Sunny Optics bought Meade almost exactly a year back.

JOC had put in a bid but Sunny put in a higher one and in US law the Sunny one had to be taken. JOC own Explore Scientific and Bresser, they had also worked with Meade for a number of years. The feeling was the JOC bid would have been better for Meade even if they were a bit less. The Meade goto's seemed to fit in with the JOC eyepieces and refractor products, especially as the 2 had been working together for some time.

Who owns which "product" is a bit odd.

The Bresser Exos2 mount looks very much like the Meade mount, which Meade seem to no longer offer. Also in the range of scopes most Bresser's are on the Bresser site but one (at least) you are pointed to the Meade site to purchase.

Meade have/had a factory in Mexico, that is I believe being closed and production moved to China.

Easiest option is the Wiki entry: Meade

Or search Sunny Meade.

Archived