NGC 7293

Hi everyone. Today our kids are returning to Norway, and I'm preparing for tonight with clear skies and finally some peace in the house again. I have a 150P, eye pieces from 25 to 10. When using SkyX First light edition, the nebula NGC 7293 looks like an interesting bit of piece to explore. Anyone else had a look at this nebula? What could I expect to see with my set up? Do not plan to take pictures tonight.

Lars

I have a sketch but haven't scanned it in. Nevertheless, I recall that it is a big PN and on some nights, its brightness is just a little above that of the sky. You're going to want to keep magnification low. I was using the 24mm Panoptic giving me about 50x and the UHC-S filter did help to some extent. Be patient with this one. There's no evidence that Messier, nor the great observer, Herschel ever observed this huge, whispy gem.

So far I've had a brief look at Uranus with rings, 10 mm + Barlow x 2. GOTO not aligned, forgot to charge battery, and there is absolutely more reading before I can enjoy the advantages...... 

You'll be doing amazingly well to spot the Helix with a big moon washing out all but the brightest DSO.

Uranus is always a pleasure though. Getting the as many of the moons as you can is a good challenge.

Paul

Moon just appeared, but my wife confirms my eyes' OK ;-) At least for now. But haven't found my nebula yet........ Mars looks great, 28 C outside, clear skies, and the kids left for Europe for a couple of hours ago 

Archived