NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lucky break in horrible Chicago conditions.

Andonyx

I just posted my very first attempts ever at imaging with some solar shots on Wednesday, and I've been gnashing my teeth with the hideous conditions in Chicago. But when I was throwing the trash out tonight, lo and behold, a surprisingly crisp moon greeted me. I have two techniques for imaging, one involves actually just holding my cell phone camera up to the eyepiece. I guess that's "Afocal"?

Regardless, these are the photos below. I also did use my neximage 5 tonight for the first time, but haven't had the time to fool with the files in registax. I hope to post results tomorrow.

IMG 20141004 220719[1]

IMG 20141004 215046[1]

IMG 20141004 213122[1]

IMG 20141004 213058[1]

Nice Andy, It's always a treat when you catch some unexpected clear skies. Be getting cool over there now i'd say. I have a cousin somewhere in michigan and she often reports days of -20 or -30.. brrr. you can have that for yourself :D

Nice Andy, It's always a treat when you catch some unexpected clear skies. Be getting cool over there now i'd say. I have a cousin somewhere in michigan and she often reports days of -20 or -30.. brrr. you can have that for yourself :D

I nearly had a coronary, until I saw your location. I'm still mentally married to the empirical system, and thus Fahrenheit. I'm going to have to disabuse myself of both if I wanna make a go of it in amateur astronomy. My best to your cousin, I can commiserate. 

Archived