NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

BISQUE PARAMOUNT MX+ & SKYFI

Liquid360

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Nope. Paramount requires software on the PC in order to function, in my opinion the biggest and one of he few drawbacks with that mount.

/per

Just seen this thread. Back to the original post - I actually own a MX and Skyfi.

I tried to use my USB skyfi with my PC/MAC - but the prototcol would not work and I could not establish a connection. No luck from the SB forum to find a way through. You have to buy the WiSky adaptor for the ME/MX to be controlled via WiFi as far as I can tell.

Having said that, - you can use your ME/ MX without a PC/Mac. You can use it with an ipad/iphone and the iOS version of TheSky.

http://www.bisque.com/sc/shops/store/All+Products/Hot+Products/MK5KWiSky.aspx

Interestingly my MX, in a portable setup, with an initial T-Point calibration and a 20 point re-cal on each occasion I re-assemble, is pointing and tracking more accurately than my 10 Micron 1000HPS did. I think the T-Point model is more robust. If I ever do just visuals, I'll get the WiSky - it avoids the trip hazzard of my comms cable.

Archived