NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Deep Sky Stacker stopped working

WillG

Hello,

I've been trying to get around using DSS and it was all going well until I came to save my stacked image. Firstly it exported a .TIF file and I was having trouble viewing it with any of my programmes until finally I took a look at the files info and saw it was only 4kb, so not a real picture obviously. After that, I have tried to redo the stack, but this time it won't even let me add any pictures! 

I have tried uninstalling and deleting the programme, reinstalling it and still, when I try to add pictures nothing happens. 

Has anyone else experienced anything like that? Have I just gone onto one of the programmes settings and clicked something I shouldn't have? 

If you could put some screen shots up, that would help to diagnose. However it may just be that you need to re-register already registered images. There's a check box for this when you first start the registering/stacking process.

Also, DSS can be a bit odd about the default directory that opens in the dialog boxes for adding images, not necessarily the last one you opened.

Stick up some screen shots and someone will help.

cheers mate

Chris

Which camera are you using and which version of DSS are you running ... ?

For Canon DSLRs of 1100D or later you'll need the new 'beta' version of DeepSkyStacker as the older versions will not stack the slightly different CR2 RAW files from the 1100D.

Archived