NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

wierd images

Could someone take a look at this for me, and hopefully tell me whats going on,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xoh0uok44hmzd6/wierd.jpg?dl=0

Image was taken at a very dark site, Kielder Forrest, pointed at milkyway  Canon 100D unmodded, with a brand new Canon 50mm, EF 1.8 nifty fifty lens,  ISO 800, 4 seconds exposure

took lots of shots all looked fine on camera lcd, but when downloaded came out like this.  but other shots with the same settings are dark and show stars, 

Thanks

Leigh

Looks like lens flare to me. You had a bright object just out of view i take it? Quite common with a standard camera lens.

I thought that, but those images and there are a few of them don't show up when looking at what I shot on the cameras LCD,  they only appeared when I downloaded them to my pc,

also for every image like this I have a matching image that does show properly, file names are slightly different for example

the strange image has file name IMG_003.CR2 and the correct image has the filename IMG_003_1.CR2

Archived