NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Which adaptor for my SkyMax127 and Pentax DSLR?

Keswickpete

The quote below is from another posting elsewhere.Does anyone know which 'T" ring I will need?.

"the 'T' threaded rear of the Mak makes it dead easy to use for photography....... will need is the appropriate 'T" ring for his make of camera and 'Bingo' he has a 1500mm telphoto lens to use in addition to a very good telescope."

Keswickpete

The eyepiece holder of the 127 Mak is threaded this is the T thread. The adapter is a ring with a T thread one side and a bayonet fitting on the other. The T mount adapter you need is specific to the bayonet fitting of your model of Pentax DSLR camera - each camera manufacturer has its own design of bayonet fitting.

If you contact a good camera shop and tell them your model of camera they should have the adapter you need.

Hope this helps

Scotastro

If you contact a good camera shop and tell them your model of camera they should have the adapter you need.

Hope this helps

Scotastro

Yeah you'd think so, went to jessops, after a lengthy conversation, shocked to hear the chap explain he'd never heard of them :shock: Walked out and bought mine at FLO

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/proddetail.php?prod=tadaptor

Karlo

What you need to do Pete is focus it on the moon then measure how far out the focuser is. Then for DSO shooting, point 'scope at a bright star, snap away while adjusting focus until it gets as good as you can manage, slew to target and let it rip. Its really nice to see the nebula light up on the back of the DSLR after 20 seconds or so.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Archived