NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A change to the original post (recycling)

Hey all,

Changing this post as I have new means...........(previous post was on CCD's and webcams)

I am in need of changing my current scope setup in favour of a more 'imaging friendly' solution. I have 2 scopes @ present a NexStar4SE and an 8" Dobsonian, the NexStar4 is proving difficult to image with as it has such a slow focal ratio. So originally I was gonna dump my dSLR and opt for a CCD/webcam.

However I have figured that I can purchase a C8-N GT for around £540 from our chums at FLO, this has a speedy focal ratio of f/5, faster than my current scopes an f/8 and an f/12. Read mixed reviews on the scope though, some images I have seen from this scope are great whereas some people state that the C5 mount will not allow good tracking for more than a few minutes. I have used my NexStar on many ocasions and the tracking is A-Ok, so I imagine that the tracking on its big brothers on a sturdier mount will possibly be better.

Cheers guys (and girls!)

Thanks, I downloaded it but it didn't prove much use to me.

Anyone have any information on the range of CCD's modded by Andy at Astronomiser.co.uk????

The blue adonised one's he sells are of a resolution of 640x480, is this enough for DSO imaging??

Archived