Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron powerstar c8

Hi SGL. I own an older model, the original powerstar I. I have been reading a lot on autoguiding and astrophotograpy and would love to give it a try. Will my scope produce good results? Any other owners tried it? I am on a budget so I'm trying to use as much of my equipment as possible. I think I could rewire the controller to talk ST4. Then I would need a monochrome camera for guiding that I am thinking of attaching to my finderscope. It's an 8x50. Lastly I would probably use a dslr for imaging. Any tips or experience would be greatly appreciated.

I own a U.S.A. made 1998 version and it's a fine scope for almost anything i want to take pictures of. Even wildlife. I'd recommend a TeleVue powermate with a t-ring adaptor and possible an oversized eyepiece projection adapter and your good to go for some amazing planetary work. Prime focus DSLR work using an SCT field flattener is recommended for nice round stars across the image. 

I own a U.S.A. made 1998 version and it's a fine scope for almost anything i want to take pictures of. Even wildlife. I'd recommend a TeleVue powermate with a t-ring adaptor and possible an oversized eyepiece projection adapter and your good to go for some amazing planetary work. Prime focus DSLR work using an SCT field flattener is recommended for nice round stars across the image.

Thanks Leveye for the good news. Can I autoguide with it as well for longer exposure DSO? What do I need to mod or buy for quality but budget-minded autoguiding?

Archived