eyepieces upgrade for mak127

ak47

hello!

i want to replace the stock eyepieces i got with my new telescope since they are really uncomfortable with bad eye relief and lots of kidney beaning,

i thought about 2 options:

1.a baader hyperion 24 (wide FOV, good quality and great reviews)

2. a skywatcher UWA 9mm (don't have the budget to buy 2 hyperions, but i have the UWA 6mm version and its great and cheaper then the baader).

I'm quiet settled on these 2, but would really like to hear your opinions about them before i buy, 

and if anybody know of an online store that can send eyepieces to international locations, that'll be great.

thanks!

aa2454624.jpgswm9n.jpg

Hi,

The aperture ratio of a mak is not critical, so almost any eyepiece will work well, all wide angle eyepieces should show nice sharp stars at the other field.

The "gold like" UWA are great budget eyepiece. I've read that they are modified Plössl and from my experience they work quite well, very nice wide angle views at a low price.

Cheapest source in Europe seems http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm?itemId=140717801385

but of course Teleskop-express is a great shop too.

The 66deg UWA are available in 6, 9, 15 and 20mm, unfortunately not in 24/25mm. The 6mm costs 23€ in China, depending on your custom/Tax regulations this may be over the duty free limit. The 6mm has some kidney beaning but in my experience it is much better then the 10mm kit eyepieces and you can modify it into a 3-4mm by extending the bottom element tube.

24mm: You could also consider a erfle, explore scientific eyepiece perhaps.

Or simply a 30-32mm plössl, giving you the same real field of view, a larger exit pupil, but not as nice of a apparent field of view (52degree or so).

:-) Sadly, the Seben Erfle are also not available over 20mm, otherwise these 22€ eyepieces are a great deal, even though seben is somewhat famous for their not-so-great Teleskope sets, some of their stuff is pretty good for the price.

Where are you from?

Archived