Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Access violation at address..........whilst attempting to use Orion Astrocap

maxann1

Help!I dont want the law to come knocking at my door..!

Hi everyone im new to the world od astronomy and want to get into imaging...ive had the orion aio camera kit only a couple of weeks but been unable really to try and use it because of miserable skies.

Tonight was perfectly clear..with a full moon perfect in contrast..right from my back garden..so's I set up scope plugs on camera and not for the first time pops up a rolling message

'Access violation at address (then 8 zeros).Read of address (again 8 zeros)

Someone please help!I havent been shut down before ive had chance to start have I?

This briefly happened on one occasion last week where it resolved itself and just dissappeared off screen.

I am eagerly awaiting a kindly response as I hope I can image saturn in a little while..

Yours kindly

That sounds like there's a bug in the application or driver.

Usually this means the app is attempting to (erroneously) access memory it should not. Often as a result of bad programming.

Hmm check for updates for the drivers & app. If this continues, and you can replicate it repeatedly - write to Orion explaining the problem and include steps you take to replicate and the text of the exception (the load of numbers etc) sometimes a screen shot is all that is required.

Thanks Nickk.i will try that tomorrow. Trust me tho...first nite with clear skies and the software gets stuffed up!!

Wont put me off tho..

If anyone else has any tips to give another newbie..anything would be appreciated.

Kit which I have recently purchased are aa follows;

Skywatcher 120 OTA.

Eq5 mount

Orion Starshoot Imaging Systems all in one astronomy camera.

Canon 600d dslr camera.

Various eyepieces..mainly all plossl

Plus various bits and pieces from last year from my first scope a celestron 4se.

;would ideally like a small Ipad possibly retina.

Any advice on how to start off into imagery with any of my kit would be greatly appreciated:-D

I will be in touch and let you know how I get on with this Orion problem

And all I want then are ★★★★clear skies!!★★★★Thanks again..in advance...

I would suggest you uninstall ALL software associated with the camera, including the drivers (via Device Manager and choose the option 'Delete drivers from disk'  in case they are corrupt). Run a registry cleaner afterwards to remove any associated entries left behind. Then re-install everything again. That is your best option to fix this problem without delving deeper into possible interactions with the other software on your machine. The supplied software obviously works for others in most cases.

ChrisH

• 1 month later...

Hello maxann1,

I have the same ORION Starshoot AIO camera.

Does the manual Color Balance work well? In my program, the green slider does not move at all in manual mode. Sometimes it moves in Global WB. But manual does not work.

Do not expect much help from ORION. Only the dealer in France tried to give some advise, but at the end he told me "that ORION was working on a corrective update". But that is now 6 months ago ...

Regards.

Stefaan.

Archived