NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I just got a new-to-me lxd 75 that was kept in a garage but had its fair share of cobwebs and dust, so I decided to take it apart to clean and flock. The issue had come down to the primary being glued to the mount with what appears to be rtv silicone and cork, talk about pinch error I think was pure distortion error lol. I'm no expert but I assume neither should be there, right?

u5agepy2.jpgyqasybe9.jpg

it's fine to use three blobs of solicone evenly spaced to secure a primary mirror as long as they are in a situation which evenly supports the mirror and ensure it does not touch any metal in the cell. the edge of the mirror would not be an ideal place for this though as seems to be the case in your shot. it's fine to have three supports underneath and three blobs on the sides where the clips would be (to replace the clips). many ways to skin a cat as they say. what was the problem with the scope?

Archived