NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Moon observing targets for 05.06.14

Droogie 2001

The moon is at first quarter tonight, day 7 according to my app so its really a good time to go out and have a look. Especially as the skies are set to be clear tonight, at least in Surrey anyway.

What with the sun not setting so late at the moment it will be nice to go out a bit earlier!

Anyway just noted a few visual targets for tonight:

- Rimae Triesnecker - A impressive looking group of Rilles

- Vallis Alpes - Viewed this many time but I am  going to try and see if I can spot a Rille along the valley floor.

- Albategnius Crater - Not observed this but meant to be quite deep and impressive with the suns terminator.

- Rupes Recta (Straight Wall)  - I think it was at it best last night but always nice to view.

No doubt I will get distracted but many other objects on my travels but at least its a start.

Also think I will make this purely an observing session rather than an imaging session. It will be nice to just observe rather than fiddling around with cameras and laptops!

Does anyone else have any worthwhile targets for tonight?

Archived