NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Using a coma corrector on my C6N

I'd like to get a coma corrector for the my C6 but now quite sure how I would implement it into the imaging train. When I attach the camera to the scope, I have to take out the 1.25 EP adapter and then there are threads that I screw the t-ring to. I don't see how or where the corrector would go. A lot of the correctors I have been looking at slip directly into the 2" focuser. Problem is there is no 2" on the C6. Just the 1.25. If I take out the 1.25 adapter, all thats left is the draw tube. I found this pic on the web to show what's what. Any ideas?

post-32831-0-49255700-1401301280_thumb.j

if you are happy with the rack and pinion one on the scope other than it being for 1.25" eyepieces then you might pick up a used 2" R&P  for just a few $$ as many people swap these out for crayfords on older scopes. I'd expect that with an auto focuser, a R&P might actually be a better option than a cheap Crayford for imaging.

Swap out that focuser first thing. Antares markets a GSO made 2"  low profile Crayford style one that a  2" Baader MPCC will work with perfectly. You then mount that to the front of your DSLR and then that to the 2" focuser at prime focus and you're good to go. I get super round stars corner to corner now. My Custom made Newt scope has new eyes!

Archived