NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Nexstar power.

Here we go, with apologies for the lack of finesse. These three images should give you enough info to be going on with. You first remove the OTA, then the six screws that hold the front covers (2) in place. There are two black ones for the circular upper bit and 4 silver ones for the lower. At the bottom you can see the power board, the two white plugs left and right can be easily removed with your fingers, I pulled gently on the wires and they came apart easily.

Go round the back and remove the two screws holding the power plate on, the panel will come away easily. I removed the pcb from the plate so that I could drill a small hole to feed the wires through.  The soldered connections can be seen clearly, nothing is soldered to the middle pin. I got the power connectors from Maplins, they are called something like Radio Control Battery connectors. They do not come in pairs, you will have to get one male and one female. They come with short wires already attached, I connected the female to a pair of longer wires, through an inline fuse to a pair of croc clips to connect to a 12v battery. I covered the soldered joins with heatshrink tubing.

Needless to say you do this at your own risk, I take no responsibility for any accidents etc.

Have fun,

Neil.

post-30409-0-12824100-1400871622_thumb.j

post-30409-0-85191500-1400871641_thumb.j

post-30409-0-16361300-1400871663_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Archived