First light with Starlight Xpress H36 and TMB 115

GordonH

Hi All

I picked up my TMB 115 after Astrofest and managed to get out over the last couple of nights to try it out with the H36. I haven't posted the images here as I am struggling to reduce the size sufficiently for the upload limit. They are on my website www.imagingtheheavens.co.uk under star clusters and nebulae in the image gallery.

The images are The Cone nebula and cluster, The Jellyfish nebula and M45 Plieades star cluster. All the exposures are 30x4 minutes unbinned and unguided. I added some false colour using Noel's tools in Photoshop just to help bring out the detail. All of the images had to be cropped due to vignetting which is a problem that I can live with until I can source some suitable adapters. I used a broadband light poluution filter as I suffer from some light pollution where I live and there was a crescent moon fairly close to M45 when I shot that, seeing was pretty bad for both night as although there were no clouds there was some cold mist and plenty of sky glow. Although they are not up to the standard that I have seen on some of the posts they are a starting point and I am pretty pleased with the results.

Best regards and more clear skies to all

Gordon

:D

PS I found a long winded way of reducing the size of the images for upload so here they are

post-13589-133877337639_thumb.jpg

post-13589-133877337646_thumb.jpg

Archived