Decisions about equipaments!

Hello guys , okay ?

I'm Thiago and i'm from Brazil!
I love astronomy and I'm here to learn more about it .
My first telescope was a Celestron 114mm with an EQ mount . It was manual but I wanted to motorize it , it worked but I knew I needed something more robust because i was just to starting doing astrophotography .

Then i decided to invest in better equipments which led me to buy a number of accessories to accomplish my goal (astrophotography). Just to make sure, i want all kinds of photos, planetary or lunar as much as deep sky objects. The only thing i do not want to deal with is the sun =p

I'll post the links to the photos of the old and the new telescope!

Well then, with this new telescope (CPC 800) I can start to do astrofotography? I had also bought a Celestron NexImage CCD Color and a Filter Wheel with some stargazer filters in it, thats enough?

I would like to start soon and i want to know whether the equipment is ok? Do i need a CCD monochromatic or a DSLR like Nikon D3100? Or what i already have can handle this?

The CCD can be used with filters and barlow lens? Its possible to use a GoPro to make shoot like "star trails"?

Just one more question, I use Mac computer, there are good softwares for mac that i can use for astrophotography ?

thank you all very much!!

Hi Thiago and welcome to SGL - The best thing you can do with your kit is give it all a go. Someone will be along shortly to let you know about macs and astrophotography :grin:

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Archived