NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help please,frustrating night!

Hi folks,i was out with my new zwo asi120mm camera last night for the first time and i struggled to reach focus with with zwo filter wheel attached.

I jus managed to reach focus with a 2inch 55mm adaptér slightly pulled out a little with just the camera attached and got some good detail on laptop screen.

I have read somewhere that 14mm of extra inward travel is required on some newtonians.

Mine is a 250PDS,i thought these scopes had their focal lenght reduced to make them compatable for AP.

Anyone had similar probléms and if so how do you go about resolving this problem.

Thanks

Kenny

Is the camera reaching focus outside of the travel range of the focuser? If so you might have to move the primary mirror forward. That or replace the focuser with one that has enough travel.

Is the camera reaching focus outside of the travel range of the focuser? If so you might have to move the primary mirror forward. That or replace the focuser with one that has enough travel.

Hi Leveye,nót sure i understand 'is the camera reaching focus outside of the travel range of focuser'.

Thanks

Kenny

Archived