NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Celestron 12x60 Skymaster

Ags

I tried out a pair of these in my local astro shop today. Focusing on some distant trees they seemed pretty sharp. The eye relief was good enough for me to keep my glasses on. Despite 12x mag, I could hold them steady. The weight seemed reasonable and not an issue to handhold. EUR99 in the shop, but at least I get to try before I buy.

I think I will pick up a pair in a month or two. They don't get much mention, has anyone tried them?

I picked up a pair of these a couple of months back for a very reasonable price. I'm not a great binocular user but I thought they might be OK for longer distance birding and some astro viewing and they do just that. They do a good job on the Moon, Jupiters moons and brighter clusters and galaxies for their cost. I'm pleased with mine  :smiley:

Good to hear that. I have some opportunities to get to dark skies, so I'm looking for something portable with a bit of punch. Also, my current 8x42 pair can't see through the light pollution at home. I'm hoping these could let me do quick sessions, picking out the double cluster and so on. They should give a nice view of the moon.

Archived