NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

White light solar & Polarizer filter

jetstream

Really like using mine, Gerry and there isn't a solar session its not part of my Wedge, ND 3 and Continuum white light set up. I like using the variable polariser to get just the right 'shading' for the day's viewing and find that without it my eye can lose detail. I'm not sure why this is so, but I've put it down to the image being just a tad too bright with only the Continuum. 

Ay, it does change a little the focus position but I haven't noticed a lose in resolution. I've played around this week using both filters, then one and then the other and find that I prefer the view with both filters in place. I guess this is one of the cases where different eyes react in different ways. It's just a shame we can't share our gear from time to time. I feel that way, we'd all learn so much quicker.

Archived