NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Why wont my Orion Atlas EQ-G slew?

Dakar234

So i just got my Atlas EQ-g in the mail. I set it up and ran it through its paces without any equipment on it and it worked just fine. It 3 star aligned (dont know if accurate, did it indoors just to see if everything was in order), and everything seemed alright. Later that night i set up my rig and used it, again, it worked perfectly apart from user error on my part. The next day i tried it again and it wouldnt slew at all, despite the go-to controller saying it was slewing. 

I went on some forums and found that this is often do to wrong information in location,date time etc. I tried every variation, retried and restarted with no avail, the information used when the mount did work didn't help. The mount simply wont slew when i tell it to star align (it says it is, but immediately says its finished and ready for precise adjusting and another star). It works fine up until that step though. It obviously has power, the light comes on, the controller beeps, and i can go through all the settings, directories etc.etc.

Another thing i noticed is when i first plugged in the first day i heard a constant high pitched (but not terribly loud) wine coming from the mount, i figured this was normal seeing as how the motors are rather noisy when in motion. But that constant high pitch noise is now completely gone. 

Any help would be greatly appropriated, i haven't found anything like this on the forums. 

-Thanks 

Another thing i noticed is when i first plugged in the first day i heard a constant high pitched (but not terribly loud) wine coming from the mount, i figured this was normal seeing as how the motors are rather noisy when in motion. But that constant high pitch noise is now completely gone. 

Any help would be greatly appropriated, i haven't found anything like this on the forums. 

-Thanks 

Sounds like the control board has developed a fault if everything else looks OK (power indicator lit, handset display lit and showing info).  - In that case as it's under warranty I suggest contacting the retailer for a replacement

Archived