Mount heads

cowbell

Are the skywatcher legs the same and just the heads different, say for example, the EQ5 and the models above it for imaging?

If so, is it possible to just replace the head?  Reason being, I see no sense in replacing an entire mount when just a part is needed.

The EQ6 series have their own base design and their own tripod/head.  The EQ5 and HEQ5 have interchangable tripods.  The EQ3 and EQ1 both have their own tripods/head design.

Thanks, I already have an EQ5 so I am just looking to get a better trackable head and save some money basically.

If you are buying new, all mounts come with a tripod.  I would imagine there must be dozens of unused tripods lying around owned by folk who use piers for their mounts.

I have a room full o tripods and mounts, it is not like I need more legs to fall over :)

Archived