NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

QHY5L-II a good choice?

Stardust

I have a QHY5 for guiding which does the job and an Atik 1C that I tinker with webcam type stuff. I am thinking of replacing both with a QHY5L-II colour.

Although it's primary  role be for guiding, the reason for colour is that I like to have a go at Jupiter & SAturn and don't have filters for mono. I guess a mono would be fine for luna work.

Would I be missing out if I went for the colour one over the mono. I assume it will be a good leap forward on the two cameras I currently have.

Any thoughts or pictures taken with this camera would be good.

I just read another post where comes out well. Having had sa go with thre atik which is basically a modded Phillip web cam I think the image scale will be very small in my scope. So realistically guiding and lunar will be the main uses. With this in mind im leaning towards the mono. I assume coloured filters will enhance detail and the cam will have better resolution?

Archived