Fool proof scope

Yea to be fair I think I've thrown my scope out the pram a bit, it was sold as 'take it out the box, screw it together, point it at the sky, away you go!' I can see now it's no where near that simple, now I have an idea how to set it up I'm sure I'll get the hang of it, looks like I have another new hobby! The missus will be thrilled :-D

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea to be fair I think I've thrown my scope out the pram a bit, it was sold as 'take it out the box, screw it together, point it at the sky, away you go!' I can see now it's no where near that simple, now I have an idea how to set it up I'm sure I'll get the hang of it, looks like I have another new hobby! The missus will be thrilled :-D

It's not far from getting it out of the box and using it. As per the videos I posted, get the Polar alignment roughly done and you can just carry it out every time, roughly have it pointing north and away you go.

The searching and finding objects is the hardest part, which is where a nice set of bins can also help for those times when you only want to be outside 10 minutes.

Archived