SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Orion StarShoot IV Camera...

Hey star fiends!

Tonight was the first perfect night to take the telescope out in a little bit and I finally got to try out my Orion StarShoot IV (I know, not the best camera but I am new to this and it seems like a good starter camera).  I use it with my Orion Starblast 4.5 EQ that my lovely wife got me for christmas.  Anyways I was wondering if anyone else has this camera (or a total setup close to mine) that has any tips on using the camera, specifically for focusing ad getting detail out of planets.  I got a nice video of the moon, which I am trying Registax for the first time, but had trouble with Jupiter.  Any tips or tricks with the settings to help me make imaging a little easier would be appreciated!  Thanks for any help and hope you guys have a clear sky like I do!

Hi Lonestarr ...

I to have one of these cameras and so far not had much success, but don't think that is the camera it is just me not having 

much experience in this fabulous hobby. I bought mine after my partner got me a scope for christmas but it is just a standard

scope with standard optics. It is ok to view the moon and jupiter, and I have seen saturn. As for the camera, I have when I first got it,

managed a short video of saturn and the moon but had no luck with it, but again I think it is me not having enough experience.

So I will follow this topic with interest. Clear skies have been coming our way just lately so fingers crossed.

Archived