NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lens help and opinion .

Hey guys , great to join a community such as this..

I have a free questions really ... Currently I live in a big city in the UK but can't get away from the bright lights and light pollution due to a heavily pregnant wife ..

So I've had a go at a few anyway..

These are ones from Brighton beach ypaje5e3.jpg

uju5ymaq.jpg

Using a nikon d3200 , 50mm f/1.8 ISO3200 for 10 seconds .

I was just wondering if there is any more info I need or ideas I could grab as I'm off to the middle of nowhere in a couple weeks to take some photos away from all the lights and hustle of the big city ..

Thanks again

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome.

somethings you could try are startrails. Aim your camera at Polaris and take a series of 30 second exposures for about 1 hour. Feed the images into a program called Startrails http://www.startrails.de/html/software.html and it will stack the images to produce a photograph of the stars circling around Polaris. The program can also create a video from the same photos. You could also possibly follow this video and create your own widefield images.

Archived