SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Celestron C6-N ... Anyone had any experience of this newt?

I'm looking to buy a celestron vx mount and notice it's cheaper to buy it bundled with the C6-N Newtonian than to buy it by itself.

Does anyone have any experience with this particular scope? Is it any good (especially for DSO AP)???

I know it equates to a "free" scope in this bundle but it's always useful to get your experiences just so I know what I'm getting.

Thanks everyone.

Adrian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought that exact 'scope just after Christmas for exactly the reason you cite, I wanted the mount for my camera and the OTA was a welcome freebie!

I'm extremely new to Astrophotography, but have been very pleased with what I can achieve through it with just basic equipment.

Here's a grab from the weekend:

12935313084_f3f0e8acf6_c.jpg
M42 Tonemapped by S.J.P, on Flickr

There is a pretty good review of this scope on youtube from a chap called Michael Skokauckas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfJcyamB6IM

He goes through his C6N that he has just purchased in pretty good detail and also shows some of the first images he was able to capture with it.  All in all he is very impressed with it. 

Have a watch, it's a pretty good and informative review.

Hope this helps  :)

Archived