NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

deep sky stacker help

Hi peeps,just a quick question from a noob,before I put a picture in dss it looks ok,dark sky,about 20 or so stars but then when I drag it to dss and look at the same pic b4 resister them,it looks all orangish and a lot fewer stars.do I need to change anything,any help pls,thx thx thx

Also it picks up 10 to 15 stars but only ever finds one pic to stack out of 15, is this coz my pictures are no good

post-33491-0-98339900-1393489338_thumb.j

No worries, we've all been there. Why don't you upload one of your subs to give us an idea?
You might have to change star detection rate to a lower percentage to be able to pick up more stars (? Like 2%).

of nothing really,just wanted to learn how to stack,so took this to try,i see there is a new 3.3.4 dss but I cant download it,grrr

attachicon.gifjpeg.jpg

of nothing really,just wanted to learn how to stack,so took this to try,i see there is a new 3.3.4 dss but I cant download it,grrr

No worries, we've all been there. Why don't you upload one of your subs to give us an idea?

You might have to change star detection rate to a lower percentage to be able to pick up more stars (? Like 2%).

I think this was iso 1600 for 15 secs,I kept gettinga light circle in the middle,i think maybe it was dew on the lense,forgot my shield,i think anyway,noob alert

They are still having issues with the 70D files but i thought yours had been taken care of. That's a T5i to us over here. Have not heard of any issues but it most likely is an update that the DSS programmers need to do for the newest canon RAW code.  Had trouble with my 60D when i first started using DSS. They fixed it right quick.

I use the latest downloaded ok, work for me, try to get 10 subs 800 iso @ 30 seconds, that all i ever take, but there not for displaying just as a record of my viewing, this is a old set i imaged with a 10" newt and Baader CC, Canon 1100D..... stacked in DSS 3.3.4, then popped into Photoshop to convert to Jpeg and the Levels moved over to get the dark side back....

M38

m38-800-20.jpg

I use the latest downloaded ok, work for me, try to get 10 subs 800 iso @ 30 seconds, that all i ever take, but there not for displaying just as a record of my viewing, this is a old set i imaged with a 10" newt and Baader CC, Canon 1100D..... stacked in DSS 3.3.4, then popped into Photoshop to convert to Jpeg and the Levels moved over to get the dark side back....

M38

m38-800-20.jpg

Nice work :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived