Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HEQ5 PRO RA SETTING CIRCLE SLOP

Hello can anyone help please

i have just got a new HEQ5 PRO from FLO and just found out that there is a lot of movement on the RA setting circle

i would say 3 to 4 mm i can move it up and down the shaft and it will not lock good

is there anything i can do or should i return it

many thanks David

In truth it really doesn't matter cos you've got a GoTo mount and it's usefulness is minimal ! KK would probably go further. Mine's the same, but I also went further and removed the retaining screw as this has been known to foul the operation of the mount. Put it this way, you've just paid a lot of cash so as to never have to bother with the s***ing thing, so sleep easy and let it go>>>>>> let the puter do it! You can then always read off the co-ordinates from the hand controller or stellerium S/W

Karlo

No, not at all, don't need the setting circle for bu**er all ! Unless you want to go primitive , kinda defeats the point of a puter controlled mount though.

If you want to go some where, input the co-ords from a source,eg planetarium S/W or t'internet into the H/controller and press enter .Why even think of faffing about with circles? As for P/alignment, no just need your polar scope and a watch(time and date).

Archived