NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M42 - reprocessing old data on PS

Hello everybody,

i just want to share with you the results that i have achieved this time re-processing old data from M42 by watching this tutorial:

It explain how to use Layer Mask --> Reveal All and Blur --> Gaussian Blur and other interesting stuff (you can skip the video to the minute 20:00 because before it talks about DSS and how to split the image in RGB etc.).

The data that i have is just 10 subs for 30sec. each, with my 8" dob and canon 1100D.

Here we go the result:

Before watching this tutorial:

post-32167-0-14046400-1393257127_thumb.j

and after:

post-32167-0-15386100-1393257148_thumb.j

As you can see the main difference is the core, completed over exposed in the first attempt.

I hope this can be useful :) and as usual thanks for watching :D

Thats a great improvement in the core but I think you've lost a lot with the rest of the nebula. You pulled a bit more out at the top of the picture but I think you lost some at the bottom of the picture. The nebula in between the arms looks more transparent. Maybe thats what its supose to look like with the amount of data you have without adding too much noise. Its hard to guess at by just looking on it from my out dated screen at work.

Thats a great improvement in the core but I think you've lost a lot with the rest of the nebula. You pulled a bit more out at the top of the picture but I think you lost some at the bottom of the picture. The nebula in between the arms looks more transparent. Maybe thats what its supose to look like with the amount of data you have without adding too much noise. Its hard to guess at by just looking on it from my out dated screen at work.

Thank you so much for your very useful comment :)

I will give another try to see if i can pull out more :D

Archived