NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NEQ6 Power supply

Hi all,

Been reading these forums for a while as I'm interested in AP, but wasn't sure if I wanted to start on the long road that most AP's go down.

I decided I would jump in and have started my kit gathering with my 1st purchase an NEQ6 Pro (2nd hand)

Now for my question. It came without a power supply.

I have done a bit of research but now I'm  well confused. ( If I cant just plug it in I'm in trouble)

Could some kind soul please put a link to the unit I need as trying to decipher dcv ah omms ma, is not my field of expertise, and I would like to run the mount from the mains supply.

Many thanks in advance

Gary

When i used the Maplin/FLO PSU i run a 30' lead from it to the mount so the only voltage outside in the damp was the 13.8v lead. Maplin sell the Plugs, (short 2.5mm) and ScrewFix the 2.0mm 2 core cable 50m drum or you can buy it by the Metre in Maplins

The tip is positive i have some small rubber sleeves that i put on the brown (live centre pin wire) so when it had been soldered it slide down and covered all of the live pin where it was soldered, any bit of sleeving will do the job or get a piece of Shrink wrap from Maplin don't put it over the solder joint until it has cooled down use a hairdryer to shrink it, the Blue wire goes on the outside tab, couple of ring (6mm) connectors for the PSU end  and your sorted....

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/25mm-plastic-mono-plug-jk00a

Thanks for the reply. That was just the sort of information I needed. I will order one tonight when i get home from work. Many Thanks for taking time to educate a no knowledge novice. Hopefully I will one day I will be able to pass on the wisdom to another novice and complete the cycle

Archived