NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher Power Tank to EQ2 multispeed motor

sjaeagle5

Hi all,

I have an EQ2 mount for my Skywatcher 130P plus a multispeed RA drive attached,

I want to know if there is anything out there that I can use to power the motor apart from using batteries?

I have seen the Skywatcher 7Ah power tank but it's not clear on any of the websites that I have seen it on whether it comes with cables that are compatible with the connectors on the handset controller of the RA drive.

The connector on the handset is a jack type like you would find on an old Nokia phone.

From what I can see the power tank has the same connector type meaning there would have to be a cable between the two with the same sort of connectors on both ends.

Have I got that right and does the power tank come with one?

Thanks

Steve

Be careful!  Your motors are most likely 6v and the powertank is 12v.  With my own EQ5, which just has the simple motor drive and is 6v, I bought a 6v rechargeable lead acid battery and charger.  I think my battery is rated at 4Ah (4 Amp-hours) and has ample capacity to drive my mount for 3-4 hours at least.  You can get wires and connectors quite easily from Maplins / RS components or Bitsbox.

Archived