Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

William optics GT102

A few did arrive in the UK but they were not a scope that WO appeared to specifically sell in the UK, they were marketed a fair bit in the US and went down well, especially the GTF version. Actually think I did read they were intended as "US only".

I think that Widescreen may have got hold of one or two, think that FLO were trying to. However in general they were not readily available here. So information and direct experience may be hard to find.

• 1 month later...

I've had this scope for about five months.  Haven't had a chance to take it out to dark skies yet.  The lunar and planetary usage from my backyard has been very satisfying.  Colors seem warmer.  Jupiter banding is slightly more detailed at the same magnification compared to my SCT.  Double stars are better pinpoints as well.  Portability is a pleasure - I've had it on both my ES Twilight I alt-az and my CG5.  The CG5 setup is the perfect marriage.  Fit and finish are very fine.  The only issue I have with the scope - and this is probably minor to most - is that WO chose to mount the finderscope on the rotating focuser.  This can be a bit unwieldy when I loosen the set screw.  The WO finder foot set screw also requires an abnormally great amount of torque to prevent the finderscope from wobbling.  

Hope this helps. 

I have had this scope since December. Absolutely stunning bit of kit. Very wide field with the flattener reducer but even holds up very well when cranking the magnification for lunar imaging. Colour correction is outstanding and apart from some possible minor field curvature which WO are investigating I have found it to be a superb scope.

Archived