NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Trying to guide

Hi, so I am eager to start guiding.

So I have the following:

an spc900nc with mono sensor and lx mods. 

skywatche 250pds

st80 guider scope

neq6pro

My old XP laptop DELL Latitude D630.

I have connected to the neq6 with ascom EQMOD and this works fine.

The lx mod was based on http://home.zonnet.nl/m.m.j.meijer/D_I_Y/spc900nc.htm though the lx signal is taken from the dtr signal from a usb to serial converter.

I can use sharpcap to take long exposures and this works great indoors and with stars.

When I use PHD with long exposure webcam + Parellel/Serial and the correct com port I get a very strange stream of images which can be seen in the screenshot.

I thought it was image processing unable to work with images taken indoors however I used It outside with stars in focus(checked with sharpcap) and I get the same pattern.

I have analysed the lx signals between ground and DTR:

sharpcap with invert enabled is what works. This means during the acquisition period the signal is high.

when invert is deselected recognisable images still appear but the exposure time is the delay between captures.

phd dosn't have an invert option and the acquisition period signal is low.

I also tried using K3CCD tools and using the port commander I can control the serial DTS signal but when I run a long exposure or use the preview mode there is no output from the DTR pin.

Im not having much luck!

I have just downloaded the source code for phd from google code so I may resort to looking at that. Perhaps some debugging :)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

post-22098-0-22655100-1391639677_thumb.j

post-22098-0-67900900-1391640350_thumb.j

post-22098-0-14195700-1391640368_thumb.j

Archived