NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Praktica W10x50P Binoculars

I know Binoculars don't get mentioned much in here, other than a good staring point before you buy a telescope.

It looks like I'm working backwards here  :mad: but with all the wonders of the weather  :clouds1: at the moment (and some money in the PayPal account) I thought that maybe a cheap pair of good binoculars may be a good investment.

I currently have a small pair of something like 10x25 which are nice and compact and fit in the glove box for when I'm out and about. I've always wanted something that could be of good use for terrestrial viewing so thought now may be a good time to get something that is also good for astronomical viewing, especially when I'm out and about or like last night get 15 minutes outside before the cloud comes over.

I've not found many reviews on these but reading the description at Scopes and Skies http://www.scopesnskies.com/prod/binoculars-for-astronomy/praktica10x50/starter-kit.html they sound reasonable before getting into silly prices. Now searching eBay I've found them much cheaper,over 30% cheaper which makes them even more attractive.

Any thoughts from anyone on these, especially if you have a set too.

I believe they are supposed to have a tripod mount on them, not sure  :confused: where that is on a pair of binoculars, also know you have to buy a separate bracket. Obviously this could be of extra use in the future.

Archived