Is the hyper star 3 for my celestron c925 sct any good

hyperstar 3 will make your faststar compatible 9.25 into a very fast imaging setup, something like f2.5.

you`ll still need to guide with something else, but if your polar alignment is very good you might not need to guide as the scope will be so fast. upto a minute should be do able unguided with a good mount.

if you guide with a oag it will not speed up the scope and might be tricky trying to guide a 2.5 meter focal length scope in that way

I see you have the CPC925.

1. What kind of imaging do you want to do? Planetary or DSO?

2. What kind of camera do you have?

For DSO work you will need a wedge for the CPC925. Which is another 350 or so cut out of Your Budget.

For planetary using Hyperstar is completely pointless, as you want to increase the focal length, instead of decreasing it.

I see you have the CPC925.

1. What kind of imaging do you want to do? Planetary or DSO?

2. What kind of camera do you have?

For DSO work you will need a wedge for the CPC925. Which is another 350 or so cut out of Your Budget.

For planetary using Hyperstar is completely pointless, as you want to increase the focal length, instead of decreasing it.

yeah I want to do dso and I've just got a wedge,not in photo yet lol,I also got a canon 700d with adapters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx peeps and tinker I think that's the way I'm going to go,if I get the OAG like yours will my dslr and t ring and t adaptor fit right in the OAG

The Celestron OAG come with Extension and Adapters there is one to go straight on the T- Ring.....

The one i have...

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/off-axis-guiders-oag/celestron-off-axis-guider-sct.html

The Celestron OAG come with Extension and Adapters there is one to go straight on the T- Ring.....

The one i have...

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/off-axis-guiders-oag/celestron-off-axis-guider-sct.html

Thx tinker I just ordered the autoguide camera and OAG same as yours,if I have any problems setting up I will be in touch lol,ohh one thing,are they ez to set up,as in what programs r best,I heard phd is ok and do I need anything else,many thx in advance tinker

PHD will work, download the OAG manual from the Celstron site it give you more info than i can type....i have had the lodestar working on a ST-80 run a 10 minute image nice round stars.....any questions on here will be fine other people will know more than i do and those that don't will also learn something.....

Click on "support" to get the PHD download

http://www.celestron.com/portal/off-axis-guider.html

Archived