NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Celestron NexStar 130 SLT Case?

I was once looking for bespoke cases for both my scopes, but I found the official one very expensive, so I searched around and decided on non Celestron ones. For my 127 SLT I got a padded drum bag from my local drum shop for the ota and a stands bag also from my local drum shop for the mount/tripod.

For my C9.25 ota I was pointed in the direction of a large plastic storage box from Ikea with some cheap cushions laid in it for padding and the tripod was loose and another padded drum bag for my mount.

I looked briefly at a custom made flight case for the ota, but after somebody on SGL suggested the ikea box I didn't look any further for the flight case. So there are storage/transportation options out there. You just have to be a little flexible unless you want to spend a premium on official cases.

Archived