NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Viking Optical Centre - Edinburgh

Astro_noob

I was in Edinburgh visiting family this weekend and popped into the Viking Optical Centre as they had some cracking deals in the window. I tried a number of binoculars out to test the range from 6.5x35 upto 10x50 and I was very impressed. In this day and age of buying online its difficult to test something before you buy. I didn't catch the gentleman's name but he was very helpful and was very honest suggesting value for money is in the porro prism design rather than the more weight conscious roof design. As he didnt have any porro binoculars in stock at 10x50 I couldn't walk away with anything. I was very impressed with the 6.5x35 MD for £99 down from £259, sharp, lightweight and bright for the relative size of the aperture.  I also noticed he had a 150p Dob for a very reasonable price, was around half price. If someone local was looking for a bargain then I would pop in for a look.

http://www.vikingopticalcentres.co.uk/

Archived