NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Anyone used a Celestron VX mount with the StarSense yet?

paulastro

Has anyone used this combination yet?  I have an 8SE and the StarSense works like a dream with it.  However, I'm finding the 8SE too unsteady at high powers with a binoviewer on board.  My initial thought (and still my most likely choice) is to buy a PCP 800, much more stable and it should also work very well with my StarSense.

Of course, this means I end up with two 8 inch OTAs. :sad:

There are still some difficulties with some aspects of using SS with some CGEM mounts, but if someone can reassure me the SS works well with the VX then this would be a viable option and save me lots of dosh  :grin:

If anyone has some experience using the StarSense and VX, you will be eligible for a free pint at my club down the road if you post your experiences here and visit me in darkest Yorkshire!

Hi Chris.  Many thanks, that's great news and I'll give the AVX some serious consideration. As you probably know there are some threads out there on various forums relating people's difficulties with getting the SS to work with some of the GEMs, but nothing I could find until  now and your post on the AVX.  Thanks again  Chris.  As I said, if you ever make it up from the deep south, there will be a pint waiting for you in Oakworth!

Archived