Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Best astro imaging set up

Hi guys in need of a bit of help what's the best way to connect my camera to my scope t ring t adaptor but with this what's giving me my magnification? I've got a zoom in on my camera but I can't take a picture with it zoomed in. What about an extension tube can I add a barlow to this? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say magnification you mean image scale which is a function of scope focal length and sensor size. Yes you can increase image scale by effectively increasing the focal length of the scope with a barlow. Depends what you are trying to image - just for a small DSO? I wouldn't suggest a DSLR for planetary unless taking video in a digital zoomed mode like some of the newer Canons.

How is your camera attached? Is it a T to 2"? If so you can get a 2" barlow for that to go into or screw the barlow element to a threaded end or I suppose you could use a camera specific telextender.

TBH Most people spend their time trying to successfully reduce the image scale to lower the f ratio of the setup.

Hi I've got a sw 250pds on a neq6 mount a canon 600d camera with a t/t2 ring screwed to a barlow and connected to a 2" extension tube. I've only had the mount and scope since Monday I've been dying to try it but weather has not been on my side. I've also bought a baader mpcc photo visual coma corrector which I'm not sure how I connect it all up. I bought this as it was recommended for yeh scope I know it's pretty dull not to know but I really wanna learn and try take amazing images half as good as what I see on here. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived